Sunday, July 29, 2012

Auctions and Such

Since we arrived in Missouri we have heard a lot about the auctions around here. Auctions are a big deal in this place. They have one every weekend at the McMain Auction House:
After going to this auction I have decided that Kirksville is a great place for hoarders. There were boxes and boxes of what I would classify as worthless but people were bidding on it. They really follow the motto, one man's junk is another man's treasure. This place was packed full of all kinds of things: furniture, creepy dolls, coins, costume jewelry, TVs, dishes...the list goes on and on. I don't know how they kept track of everything.
Our favorite were the auctioneers themselves. These men were talented.



We didn't see anything that we wanted to bid on but I had fun and Tanner seemed to enjoy it; Mariah was bored. But if bored means sleep and not tears then we're ok with that!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love sleeping babies!
    Mikey's mom always told him "I love you, especially when you're sleeping."

    ReplyDelete