Sunday, July 15, 2012

The 4th

Well this month is going by way too quickly, so yes I do realize that it is already the middle of July but I don't want it to already be the middle of July. Therefore, I will tell you all about the beginning of the month, in the hopes things will slow down just a little. Wishful thinking I know. 
We had a marvelous Fourth of July. Mainly thanks to Brittany and my mom. Brittany was the mastermind behind fireworks and Tanner was kind enough to pick them out: 
Why are men so obsessed with fire? 
My mother always tries to have an entry in the parade in Austin each year. Austin parades are pretty unique: they only last about five minutes and there are usually an average of ten to fifteen entries each year. But that doesn't stop my family from doing something great! 

The float was a big hit. It was pulled by a Semi and there were probably almost twenty people on it. All through the parade my dad kept blowing the horn much to the dismay of Mariah and Trey. They would just recover from the last blast when he would sound off again. Needless to say there was a lot of puckering and crying going on. After we covered their ears they were okay with it. Besides that it was great fun! 
It was blazing hot so we thought it would be a good day for Mariah's first swim. I was so paranoid she would get sunburnt I coated her in sunscreen multiple times throughout the day. It didn't mix too well in her hair...
But I think she liked the pool. She wasn't smiling...but she isn't afraid to let us know when she doesn't like something by screaming and she wasn't doing that either. So we just decided she was okay with it. Now I need to get her a cute little swimming suit! 
We finished up the night with Tanner's sister Tiesha and her family coming and enjoying fireworks. It was a wonderful way to end our time in Nevada. We're going to miss that dusty desolate place. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Tanner with the fireworks. Awesome. Also, I totally relate to the loud noises with kids thing. Elise freaked out (read: screaming at the top of her lungs) over the firework "booms" and we ended up going home and to bed early on the 4th. Huge bummer.

    What size is Mariah? I'm sending her a suit!!

    ReplyDelete