Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grandma Camp

My mom LOVES being a grandma. I'm pretty sure she only put up with us kids so that she could be a grandma (that may be a stretch, but I wonder sometimes). After her first grandchild (Little Miss Elise), she has been dreaming of grandma camp. Every year she plans on kidnapping her grandchildren for a week so the parents can have a little vacation. As of now only Elise is old enough to do that so my mom is going to have to wait a couple years. But she decided it wouldn't hurt to do one anyway. So my cousins and Tanner's niece had grandma camp!
My mom is amazing! Of course she couldn't have done it without my little sister Emily and cousin Makayl. They were so helpful. This is what the three days were full of: spray paint shirts, bubbles, kites, s'mores, panning for gold, story-time, movies in the barn, sleeping out in the barn, self-portraits (can't think of a better thing to call those cut-outs on the barn wall), necklaces, stepping stones...there was more. She kept those kids so busy and they had so much fun. After the spray paint shirts were done Jace announced that he would be wearing his new shirt to the reception that night (his sister Chelsea's). I got a kick out of that. Needless to say, I am excited for the Grandma camps in the future. 

2 comments: