Sunday, July 22, 2012

Missourians, thats us! 

That's right, we are now sweltering in the great state of Missouri. Tanner will be going to medical school at AT Still University also known as Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. I've been quite clingy these last couple weeks because I know in no time at all he will basically be living on campus. I try to not think about it too much.
It's been fun to move to a place so different from what I know. Here are some of the big differences:

  • The screaming monkeys...at least that's what the cicadas in the trees sound like. Tanner disagrees, but I just tell him his imagination isn't big enough. 
  • The Culture-I love listening to the true-blue locals talk, it's great.
  • Hot, hot, hot!!! Not only is it roasting, it is also humid. That is a whole new thing for me. I'm dealing with it though; I just never leave the house. Just kidding. 
  • No mountains. We've only been here a week and I'm already missing them. To be honest, I was missing the mountains when we got to Kansas. I never realized how much I love them.
Something I didn't expect were our neighbors...we share our duplex with members and two other neighbors are members. All students at KCOM! It has been great. There are several other members within walking distance as well. It's like a more grown up version of Rexburg. Maybe not to that extreme but pretty close. So we have already attended three game nights and one dinner invite in the time we have been here. We like these people. 


I'm already failing in the picture taking department. I'm still kicking myself for missing the great picture of the three Johnson girls standing in the window watching us drive up for dinner. It was so cute. I need to jump on opportunities like that! I'll get better I promise. 
But just to prove that I do take pictures every once and a while here are some at Thousand Hills State Park: 




This place is beautiful and only five minutes from our house! We went for family home evening but we didn't stay for very long because there were a lot of bugs and we forgot our bug spray, whoops.  But we are already planning to go back, maybe when it isn't so toasty. 


We love it here and are excited to learn more about this beautiful state. 

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree about the mountains. Don't you feel lost without them?

    I think Mariah looks a lot like Tanner in the picture you posted in the center, then like you again in the bottom picture. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I have now officially blog stalked you! :D I'm so glad we were one of the lucky ones to have you over for games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley! My cousin's husband is going to school there. He will start the same time as you do. Their names are Carlie and Christopher Thompson. They have a little boy named Raleigh and a little girl on the way. Look them up when you get there! Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Yeah for funny little girls window stalking you! Next time you come over for food, for the third time, we will make sure you get a pic. Or maybe we will give them a lesson on etiquette, and they will politely wait for your arrival at the front door, like normal people. But that's not a promise...I like my bad manners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute! I loved reading this. Kirksville and what it has to offer. We are SO glad you guys are here!

    ReplyDelete