Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Best Halloween Ever

Around the month mark of Tanner being gone Mariah started to miss her dad badly. Most nights ended with her crying for daddy. It was pretty heartbreaking. One night Tanner called me and said that he had a four day weekend...the wheels started turning and before we knew it he had bought a plane ticket to SLC. We decided we wanted to surprise Mariah and Chet.

This video isn't the best quality but I want to remember this moment. Mariah had tears in her eyes when Tanner picked her up. It was so so special. And Chet reacted just like his dad would have to a surprise like that. "Hi dad." Though he did keep telling him that whole weekend, "Me miss you dad.".


Friday morning we went up Logan canyon and went on a little walk. 

 Family selfies are challenging. This was the best we got. 
 I missed the red and black memo which is a real bummer because this would make a great family photo. 
It was bitterly freezing cold but Chet decided he did not want to wear his coat. Little stinker. 

 That night we carved our pumpkin. Mariah wanted a spooky face and helped Tanner pick out the design. 


My older sister is amazing and one year made Peter Pan costumes for her family. Luckily we have the same genders in the right order so I just borrowed her costumes. And I'm so glad I did.
 Cutest Peter Pan I ever did see. He refused to try this costume on before Halloween so I was a little nervous the day of but he didn't even put up a fight. 
 Mariah loved being TinkerBell and she was so cute. 
 Trick or Treat! Chet now will say "Ding Dong, trick or treat!" and then hand out imaginary treats to all of us. We went to maybe a total of 8 houses and Mariah and Chet were happy with that. Aren't toddlers great that way? They were excited to be at the house for the Trick or Treaters that came. 
 Captain Hook in a toddler sized hat...he totally pulled it off. 
And I was Wendy. I realized the day of that with my pregnancy gut I could have made the perfect Smee. It could have been so great, a lot cooler than a pregnant Wendy. Oh well. 

The weekend was not long enough and we were sad to see Daddy go but it helped knowing that in two weeks he would be home for good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment