Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl


This is going to be a mushy feel-good post. So if that isn't your thing, don't feel obligated to read on...you've been warned.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Tanner and Mariah's special relationship. There is no denying it, from day one Mariah has been crazy about her Dad.


This picture was taken when Mariah was only a little over a week old. Tanner was singing to her and she lifted her head and looked right at him as if to say, "Oh, it's you! I've waited a long time to be with you." If we hadn't taken a picture of it I would have never believed it. This picture still makes me feel all warm inside and emotional and I'm pretty sure it always will.

Tanner and Mariah in their "onesies" (Tanner had to wear coveralls for work sometimes)
I would try to imagine how Tanner would be as a dad and he is all that I imagined and more with Mariah. He is so very tightly wrapped around her dainty little finger. I love to watch them interact together.


Mariah gets so excited when Tanner comes home. She just lights up when he talks to her. He doesn't have to do much to make her happy. One of the greatest things is the calming effect he has on her. There will be times when I am trying everything to make her happy and Tanner will take her and she will be content in no time.
Watching ESPN together-Tanner is indoctrinating her
You may be wondering why I decided to do this kind of a post. Well I'll tell you. Tanner is shadowing a doctor today and he came out of the bedroom looking all sorts of Doctor Dapper (I just came up with that on my own, I'm kind of pleased with myself). I wanted a picture of him and the first thing Tanner did was pick up Mariah to pose for me. It just made me think how special these two and their relationship are to me. When I was pregnant if someone would have told me that the baby I was carrying for 9+ months was going to love her daddy best I probably would have been a tad disagreeable with them, to put it mildly. But now that I see this wonderful bond that they share I wouldn't have it any other way. Mariah couldn't pick a better person to adore and look up to.


Boy am I crazy about these two! They are my life and my love and I couldn't be happier. 

2 comments:

  1. That first picture is just precious! I also noticed the bows in her hair...nice job, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this post. It's precious Ash. I've always been amazed at Mikey's connection with Mabes.

    ReplyDelete