Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yes, I do Jog...Occasionally

I am part of an exercise group on campus. Woohoo for getting in shape! I commit to helping watch the children one day a week while the other mothers work out and then I get to work out the other four days. I love it! Today is my day to watch with two other wonderful ladies. It can get a little crazy, lots of kids who scream more than whisper. But thats not what this post is about.
I decided that I should jog to the gym on Wednesdays so that I can still get a "workout" (we live very close to the gym, about 1.5 miles away, still better than nothing). Mariah really likes the jogging stroller; she loves looking up through the little window in the canopy and watching me wheeze, huff and puff along. She even laughed today. Takes after her father; I ran back into the house the other day while Tanner waited in the car and when I got back he was laughing. I didn't even have to ask why he was laughing. Most wouldn't call my run athletic, but it gets me where I'm going so it doesn't hurt my feelings that both my husband and daughter find it amusing.
Back on topic! It was a little breezy today so I tucked Mariah into a blanket. Sometime on the jog/shuffle the blanket was lost. Thats how out of shape I am; I didn't notice the blanket was gone until we got to the gym. I didn't want Mariah to get cold on the way back so I decided to improvise...
It worked great! I think I'll do this whenever it gets cold. That way when she's laughing hysterically at me her covers won't fall off. Plus she just looks so darn cute.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! We have the same jogging genes. Everyone laughs at me too. Did you ever find the blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOSH! THAT IS SO CUTE! You know I mean it, cuz I capitalized every word...
    I am a running form snob...I can't wait to see your funny shuffle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I did find the blanket. Apparently no one was interested in a brown and pink polka-dot blanket...odd. And Morgan, I don't know if I will let you have that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete