Friday, September 7, 2012

5 Month Interview

Mom: Are you ready for your second interview?
Mariah: I was born ready! I don't know why you didn't start these earlier.
Mom: Neither do I. How does it feel to be five months old?
Mariah: Wonderful! I have learned so much!
Mom: Would you be willing to share some of the things you have learned?
Mariah: Well, I just love mouths, especially when they are talking. I can't seem to look at anything else. I love to look at you and put my hand up on your face. For some reason you really seem to like that.
Mom: It just melts my heart. Go on with what you have learned.
Mariah: I'm babbling a lot more now, but I'm still pretty quiet about it. I wouldn't want to draw too much attention to myself. I also recently discovered that during bath time it is a lot of fun to suck on the washcloth! I'd really enjoy it if you weren't pulling it out of my mouth all the time.
Mom: Sorry, for some reason I can't get over the fact that you are putting something that cleaned your bottom into your mouth. What did you do this past week?
Mariah: I'm so glad you asked! I got to go to Grandma and Grandpa Young's and play with my cousins Trey, Emerson and Elise. It was a lot of fun!
Mom: What else did you do while you were there?
Mariah: We had a little photo shoot out in the front yard. I didn't like it much at the beginning and made sure you all knew. But after you fed me and I had a five minute nap I decided picture taking wasn't that bad after all!
Mom: Is it alright if I put some pictures up from that?
Mariah: Please do! I think everyone would love that.
Mariah: We're a good lookin' group of kids!
Mom: You sure are. Did you miss Dad while we were gone?
Mariah: Yes I did. Especially at night time. I just cried and cried. I think I would have been much better if Daddy would have been there.
Mom:  I would have been too. How were the plane rides?
Mariah: Lots of fun! I liked how nice everyone was to me. I loved looking at the people behind us. They seemed to always be smiling at me and making funny faces. I didn't really like how my ears felt, but I didn't cry for too long. It was a great adventure; I don't know why you were so nervous to go with me alone.
Mom: I guess it had to do with some horror stories I have heard. Mariah, is there anything you really don't like?
Mariah: I'm a very happy girl but there are a few things that really get my dander up. I really don't like bedtime. I just know it's coming when you walk into my bedroom and I usually lose it before you ever lay me down in the crib. If I had it my way I'd stay up 'til eleven every night. I also can't stand tummy time. I tolerate it for about 30 seconds than I let you know how much I disapprove of the silly practice.
Mom: Is that why you haven't rolled over yet?
Mariah: Probably, why would I roll onto my stomach? That would be miserable.
Mom: Well this has been great! Let's do it next month!
Mariah: I would love to!

2 comments:

  1. stinking cute. I totally picture you guys having this conversation. I'm totally doing this with Emmit!
    Glad you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos!
    I'm so behind on blogging.
    I'm waiting for life to slow down a bit, or me to speed up a bit.
    Miss the emails, it's my fault, it'll happen soon I promise.

    ReplyDelete