Sunday, July 29, 2018

Always Fun When Grandma Comes!

My mom is such a fun Grandma. She is always trying to think of fun things to do with her grandchildren. My kids had such a wonderful time with Grandma.

Mariah had her dance recital the day after I got out of the hospital. Tanner was a champ and went to her rehearsal before the actual performance. He spent most of his day watching little girls dance, not his favorite thing but he was a good sport about it.
 Mariah did wonderful and was the cutest Narwhal there. At the end of her dance she did a perfect curtsy (not a part of the routine), and then put her hands under her chin in a princess pose and looked for us in the audience. It was adorable.
 Grandma had her traditional tea party full of treats. The kids loved it and even tried to get into character with British accents.


 Tanner and my mom took the kids to Hovatters, a small zoo where you can interact with the animals. I'm not sure who had more fun, my mom or the kids.



 We are definitely going to check out this zoo again before we leave. 
Grandma made these shirts and pillow cases with the kids and it was pretty entertaining to watch my perfectionist mother helping children with paint. We laughed pretty hard trying to help Austin. "Me do it myself!" was said over and over.

My mom bought a pool for the kids and even got in with them one day, which my children remind me of quite often because I have yet to do that. They went shopping one day and came home with all sorts of treasures.

It is so wonderful to have someone come and love your children and give them the attention they need after a new baby comes. I am so thankful for my mom. She is such a wonderful Grandmother and an even better Mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment