Monday, July 2, 2018

One month with Eliza

 One month with this sweet thing! This month has flown by. It seems like with each child it goes by even faster. 
 My mom came for the first two weeks and spoiled us. It was real hard to let her go.


 Mariah decided she and Eliza both needed to be princesses.
She put this ring on Eliza too. Accessories are so important.
 Austin loves holding his baby sister and is usually pretty gentle with her. I did catch him trying to squirt diaper rash cream on her face this morning...
Tanner got paternity leave through his residency and it was so wonderful. He usually only had to go to work a few times a week and they were always half days. He's made dinners and done so much around the house. 
Chet loves giving Eliza kisses and laying next to her.
  • Eliza loves to eat. She nurses longer and more often than any of my other babies. I just try to enjoy the rest time and not think too much about the other three making a mess of the house.
  • She really likes to be held by Tanner or I, not so much by her siblings. I don't blame her, she must sense the precariousness of the situation whenever they hold her.
  • She has slept the longest stretches of any of my newborns. Most nights she'll sleep a four, five or even six hour stretch. It's glorious. 
  • She isn't the best napper yet but I can usually get at least one good nap out of her, but it takes work. 
  • Bathtime is not her favorite. Lucky for her she is a fourth child so she doesn't have to be bathed very often because I'm a little busy. 
  • She has been very alert from the beginning and has already started smiling some and it is the sweetest thing.
We just love this sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment