Sunday, February 8, 2015

Visitors!

Since moving to our new house we have had a lot of visitors...and I am loving it!

Chad was our very first guest. He flew up to Utah for Grandma Kay's 90th Birthday Bash. I had been telling Mariah all day that Uncle Chad was coming. When he walked in the door she said, "Uncle Chad! I love you!". It was too cute. Mariah got some good quality time with him and he was nice enough to read her a lot of books.

A couple days later Steve and Tiesha and their family stayed with us on their way back up to Boise after the Birthday Party. Mariah had so much fun playing with her cousins. There was a lot of giggles, books read, tea parties, pretend meal times and dress up time. I had a great time talking with Steve and Tiesha and even got some help on my Family History.


Having a little lunch. Elizabeth was really good at handing out all the food. And Mary and Mariah were so patient. I was impressed. In fact, these girls got along so well the whole time. I love happy cousins. The only problem we had was Chet being a little too "friendly" with Naomi. Lets just say his love taps were a little much for that dainty little miss.

Tiffany decided to come and spend a week here as well. My mom and Katie decided to come up too. It was such a wonderful party!

We decided we were going to make a bunch of freezer meals to help make all of our lives easier. Initially we planned on making 40 meals each and when we went grocery shopping I about had a panic attack. We were getting enough groceries for 200 meals. It was a lot of food. There was a moment while looking at three shopping carts loaded to the top, one just for meat, that I seriously considered just walking away and pretending that we never thought of it. But mom and Brittany were committed so I reluctantly followed through. The meal prep wasn't too bad because we were able to do our favorite thing while doing it, talk and talk and talk. We didn't quite make it to 40 meals...not even close but the meals we did will be super helpful.

Mariah loved to help out with baby Brigs, maybe a little too much. She was pretty aggressive with her binkie placement. Poor Brigs gagged quite a bit. But it's good practice for the future younger siblings that she can torture. Chet was pretty cute with the baby too. He would get a big smile, point and say, "Beeee (baby)" in his softest sweetest voice. And then he would try to poke his eye out. We're still working on soft around here. Thanks Brigs/Aunt Tiffie for your patience.

Mariah and Chet had a lot of fun palling around with Trey. They all got along so well. Chet was all banged up by the end of the week trying to keep up with the big kids. He wanted to do everything they did.

Mariah also loved watching her beautiful Aunt Katie get ready. When she saw Katie's red lips she said, "I want that on my lips!" Luckily I was able to talk her down to a nice, soft pink shade. I'm just not ready for the bright red lips on my two year old.

Helping Grandma with bread. 
Brigs and his little wonky legs. He didn't seem to mind too much. 
Bathtime is the best time.  
Sweet Baby Brigs is the boss for sure. 



Grandma took us out to dinner one night. I had already fed Chet but he still ate enough to feed a small army. I don't know why it always surprises me how much he can eat. And as you can tell by her face, Mariah loved the bright pink sauce probably a little too much. 


It's crazy the change a child makes in a year. No wonder moms are so exhausted. 


We all fell in love with this little chubber chub. Look at that smile! 

We have loved all the guests and can't wait to see who will be next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment