Tuesday, January 28, 2014

4 Months

My sweet and Darling Chet boy is 4 months old...and once again, because I am lazy and lacking in creativity, I'm going to make a list:
  • My beautiful boy is a talker. He loves to babble as loud as he possibly can. Mariah has now started to try to imitate his sounds. It's pretty entertaining.
  • He laughs! Not very loud, but it is definitely a laugh.  
  • Still an awful sleeper, but I seem to have adjusted somewhat to my lack of sleep. 
  • He's a big fan of his swing, or maybe I'm a big fan. Regardless, it helps him stay asleep so I love it very much. 
  • Still an awfully big big boy. He now weighs over 17 pounds. You would think I would have sculpted amazing arms after hefting him around for four months. Sadly, that has yet to happen. But he is the most squeezable baby ever. 
  • Not a big fan of tummy time, but can tolerate it for a while if someone is right there for him to see and talk to. 
  • Hasn't rolled over or even rolled onto his side...but I'm not too worried. My children are what my mother likes to call "bumps on a log", and I kind of like it. I never lose him :) 
  • He had horrible eczema with the change in seasons but we have gotten it under control. He gets slathered in Vaseline after all of his baths and before bedtime. It's a miracle cure I tell ya. 
  • He had a double ear infection, went on antibiotics, and I just took him in again today and he is now taking different antibiotics. 
  • Because of the nasty infections, he has screaming fits and won't eat for hours at a time. He cries out in pain anytime his ear is touched. Poor baby boy. I'm pretty sure this is also why he can't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time. Hopefully this new antibiotic will do the trick. 
  • He's a binkie baby and I am so happy about that. 
  • Even with his health issues, his smile will melt your heart. He makes me feel like the most special person in the whole wide world. He even puts a big smile on for his sister. He's her biggest fan. I just know that once he starts feeling better he will be such a happy boy. 
I know he isn't looking at the camera, but this is one of the few pics of us together
Bonding time with his cousin Miri
Like I said, melts your heart...
And to end this post here's a pep talk from Master Chet: 

He has gotten much louder, I just haven't gotten it on video yet. We sure love this sweet boy and are praying he starts feeling better! 




2 comments:

  1. He sure has a lot to say! He is obviously not to be outdone by an active older sister! Hang in there, friend. Everything's a phase, right?

    ReplyDelete