Thursday, January 11, 2024

Five Months with Asa

 Asa had quite the month and for the most part, was happy to tag along on our adventures. 
Here he is rockin' his outfit from Aunt Mandy...spit up shows up real good on black, but that doesn't seem to bug the Ace-man.  

He got two teeth at the beginning of the month! That is the earliest my babies have gotten teeth by a couple months! He had been so fussy and sleeping horribly at night and at one point I asked Tanner if he thought it could be teething but then dismissed the thought as ridiculous. A few days later what did I see in his mouth but two tiny toofers...crazy. 
Speaking of sleep, after the teeth popped through we got a few nights of somewhat decent sleep...and then he got sick. So we're back to restless nights and tiny naps. This boy just doesn't like to sleep, unless he's in my arms, but he is pretty happy considering how little he sleeps. 
See that one eye cracked open, thats when I know he's fakin'. But he was the cutest Christmas baby. Having an infant during the Christmas season is a real trip. It's hard to feel festive when you're exhausted, so Asa forced me to slow down and try to focus on what mattered most. And that made for a simpler, but just as special Christmas season. 
He got a rash just before Christmas so that led me to overthink what could be causing his sleeping problems/rash...overthinking, it's what I do best. But both Drs. Crossley and Hilton promised me it wasn't anything to worry about. So I just worried enough for the two of them...ha! But it eventually cleared up. Maybe the Doctors in the family know what they're talking about...
Asa got to spend time with family. His cousins loved carrying him around and he loved having Grandma and Grandpa hold him. 
He's starting to realize that I'm the best. He gets so excited when I come walking towards him. He loves to grab on to my hair or neck and dig his fingernails in, then he shoves his face on my shoulder or neck and gives me kisses. It's painful but so so sweet. 
He got to hang out with our good friends Larry and JK at the church party and enjoyed watching football with Larry. 
He enjoys baths, as long as his sister doesn't dump water on his head...ahem. 
He spent a lot of time sleeping in his carseat because it was the only place we could get him to sleep longer than twenty minutes. And he also is wearing his outfit from Aunt Tiffy here. My kids' heads never fit in baby beanies, but we tried. 
Asa is starting to notice Josie every once in a while. Just a few more months and she'll be avoiding him like the plague.

He has quite the fan club celebrating every milestone and adoring his cuteness each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment