Thursday, January 11, 2024

Austie Boy


Another trip around the sun for this boy. In case you were wondering, December is the worst time to have a birthday. But don't tell Austin, because he thinks it's pretty great. 

1. What do you like about yourself? 

I like everything that I like about me. (I knew this interview with Austin wouldn't be the easiest, he's not much of a talker, but I didn't realize how hard it could be.)

2. What do you think your future job will be?

Engineering

Austin spent a day brainstorming how to make a car that is fueled by water. He finally decided that he would use geothermal water to create steam to propel the car. These are his sketches. 
He also informed me that he and his cousin Brigston had solved the Russian/Ukrainian war. They used marbles as models. 

3. What do you love to eat? 

Hawaiian Haystacks and Chet's carrot cake (He was very specific about his birthday cake request: he wanted the exact same cake that Chet had. No layers, and not too much frosting.)

And apparently brownie crumbs...our friend caught him in the act with some friends. 

4. How do you like to spend your time?

Play with my brothers and sisters

5. What are you good at?

Soccer, thinking and being a peacemaker. 

Austin loved soccer this year. His favorite thing to yell when he didn't have the ball was "pass! pass!". 

6. Who are your best friends and why do you like each other?

My family because I was born with them. 

7. Who is someone you look up to? 

My dad because of all the things he does. 

8. What makes you sad? 

Getting hurt

9. What is your favorite outfit to wear?

Shorts and short sleeves (I have to beg him to put pants on when we are leaving the house.)

10. What makes you really annoyed?

Nothing (Pretty accurate...it takes a lot to get him worked up.)

11. What makes you feel proud?

When I do something cool

12. What makes you happy?

Playing soccer and playing basketball with Chet

13. Which of your nicknames do you like the most?

Oostie Poostie

14. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you lately?

My Birthday Party

15. What do you do when you feel sad?

It depends how sad I am. 

16. What's your favorite thing to do with Mom? 

Help you when you cook

17. What's your favorite thing to do with Dad? 

Watch basketball, football, and hockey games

18. What's your favorite thing to do with Mariah?

Try and get her to get up when she's reading a book. Really my favorite thing to do with Mariah is play wrestle with her. 

19. What's your favorite thing to do with Chet? 

Play Basketball 

These boys are the best of friends. They love to stay up too late at night doing origami, playing games, or reading to each other.

20. What's your favorite thing to do with Eliza? 

Play with Magnatiles


21. What's your favorite thing to do with Vivi? 

Helping her 

22. What's your favorite thing to do with Asa? 

Try and make him laugh

Josie really loves Austin. She likes to sleep in his bed because he doesn't move very much in the night and he is usually the first awake in the house and he gives her lots of good scratches.  

One day I was teaching him about the Earth's poles. I was trying to get him to guess what the North Pole was called and said "If one is Antarctica, then what is the other one called?" He thought for a little and then said, "Uncle-artica?" 

I came out early one morning and Austin was sitting on the couch and seemed to be in deep thought. He then asked me, "Have you guys been saving for retirement?" 

When my sister Amanda was here they stopped to check the mail. She said, "Maybe there's a million dollars in there." To which Austin replied, "No, that only comes if my dad dies." 

Austin has been working hard reading the Book of Mormon. He likes to tell me about what he has been reading. He also has loved going to Activity Days with Chet.  

He likes to steal my phone and take selfies. He's sporting a busted lip in this one. He got a little too close to a swinging pickleball racket.


Austin is such a champ. He loves to have fun and is up for pretty much anything. We are so grateful for the peace and joy he brings to our family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment