Sunday, November 4, 2018

Five Months

I just love this age! 


  •  She loves to have something in her mouth (almost anything will do, just don't you dare try to stick a nasty binky in there...). Her blankets are her favorite to suck on. She also tries to shove her whole fist in her mouth and has even been successful a few times. 


  •  Her CCC (Chubby Crossley Cheeks) are filling in quite nicely. 


  •  Apparently someone let her in on the little secret that most babies her age don't sleep through the night so she gave that up this month which made me real sad. We had some pretty awful nights (She can be a real princess and the pea type when she wants to) but she started to do better towards the end of the month. 


  • Eliza got to spend time this month with her Grandpa and Grandma Young and aunties. She got some special one on one time with Grandpa Young where she wasn't afraid to let him know what she would and wouldn't put up with. "I wasn't really asleep! Don't you dare lay me down Grandpa!"
  •  She got to go on her first flight. She did so well on the way to Las Vegas, not so great on the way home. For half the flight she was pretty fussy until I realized she just didn't want to be in the dark. Once I turned on the light she was a lot happier. She fell in love with a male flight attendant. She couldn't stop staring at him and when he walked away she cried. It was the funniest thing. She slept for a total of fifteen minutes the whole four hour flight, but we survived. 


  •  She gives the cutest shrieks when she is getting tickled and loves blowing raspberries. 
  • She has started to be more aware of others and will either love attention from strangers or look at them for a while and then start to cry. 
  • When she's sad she now says, Maaa. I'm convinced she is calling for me, no one can convince me otherwise. I'm starting to become her favorite which is so endearing and exhausting at the same time. 


By four children you would think I would have it all figured out but they all come so different that it is always an adventure. One thing I have learned is that everything changes so quickly so I try to embrace each stage because it doesn't last forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment