Friday, July 14, 2017

Our 18 Month Baby

I know, I know...he should be a toddler by now. But I'm in denial about it. Almost daily I am telling his brother and sister that he's "just a baby!". And they don't argue with me, therefore it must be true.



  • Austin has become verrry opinionated in the last 6 months. I know I should be happy about this but I often look back on the times of his "go with the flo" attitude and wonder where it went. 
  • Although he knows what he wants he doesn't know how to say what he wants. The boy is still not talking. He says hi...we think. It sounds more like haaaa, but he does say it when he is waving. He makes all kinds of sounds and finds his own way to communicate what he wants. Sometimes when he gets really desperate he'll resort to sign language. He came up with his own sign for a treat: while sucking on his finger he pulls it out to make a popping noise. Pretty cute...but I'd still prefer he talked. 
  • He finally will sit through little board books and he would have me read to him all day if it were up to him. 
  • If anyone else starts laughing Austin has this cute fake laugh. 
  • He now gives kisses and blows kisses, sometimes with a fist instead of an open hand. 
  • Anything Mariah or Chet can do, Austin can too. It can be a little scary. 
  • Austin has just recently started pretending that he is a puppy. For some reason his favorite time to do it is when he hears Tanner coming up the stairs from work. 
  • He has mastered the art of the fake cry. Sometimes when he gets scolded he drops his head and with a perfect pout cries in the most pitiful way. The boy is good...

I guess we'll keep him

No comments:

Post a Comment