Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Things They Say

Children can be real hard sometimes...a lot harder than I ever thought it would be before children. But children can also be so sweet, funny, wise, loving, the list could go on and on. And that is what I want to remember about my children, not the hard times. So here's some cute things they have been doing lately. And just maybe documenting these times will help me to forget the not so cute ones.

Our friends Serge and Jeanella sent these outfits all the way from Gabon. 
One day when we were planning to eat out Mariah said, "What I really want is something fancy like chicken nuggets." I don't know how we're ever going to afford that girl...

Mariah is fascinated by the human/animal body. The other day there was a bird in our yard that had been gutted by some predator, probably a cat. Mariah wanted to study every little bit of it and was so fascinated by the intestines and other organs. One day while snuggling with Tanner she said, "Dad I like touching your blood streams". 

Whenever I am fixing her hair Mariah talks my ear off. One day she said, "I like all things that are beautiful with wings." She paused and then said, "Not mothses (moths)". Apparently they don't fit her beauty standards. 

One day we were listening to the song Mother Knows Best from Tangled. Mariah started asking me all sorts of questions about why Rapunzel's mother was so mean to her so then I told her the whole back story and that she wasn't her real mother. Mariah then said, "she's just a dumb witch" in the sassiest voice. I just agreed with her.  

After spending the day at a place where there were a lot of Asian children, Mariah was looking at herself in the mirror. She stretched her eyes out and said, "I wish my eyes looked like this". I asked her if that was because of the little girls she had played with the day before. She said, "yeah, their eyes were beautiful". I agreed and then told her that her eyes were beautiful too and wasn't it wonderful that Heavenly Father made so many different eyes. I hope she never becomes prejudiced towards certain looks because someone else tells her it isn't beautiful. 

Chet is at that wonderful age where he is constantly saying hilarious things. I wish everyone could hear all these in the adorable way that he talks. I don't write down half of them but here are a few: 
Chet loves pickos (pickles). 
One day I was talking to the kids about the second coming and what would happen. I then told them how wonderful it would be to have the Savior on the earth with us. I told them how all the animals would be nice and we imagined what it would be like to play with a big lion and not be afraid. A few days later Chet came to me and said, "The earth is done burning so they can pet crocodiles and alligators now." So I guess he got part of it...

While painting he told me, "I'm painting blossom dogs. They shoot out parkles (sparkles) and kill people." The name is really misleading.

One day Tanner's parents met us at our church. When we drove into the parking lot we saw their car already there. While walking into the church Chet said, "Grandma and Grandpa don't have kids so they can be fast. I wish you didn't have kids so we could be faster." Uh...ok.

One day at WalMart talking to the cashier:
Mariah: I'm just a girl with two brothers (saying it in such a sad, mistreated way)
Cashier: Oh really?
Chet: Yeah and only one dad
The cashier laughed pretty hard at that. Poor kids.

After asking, "Chet what do you like to do?" Chet said, "Cut ham". Tanner and I don't really like ham so he has probably only had it once in his life. It was so funny and random.

While saying his morning prayers: "thank thee that we can watch Mr. Rogers". Right when he said amen, "Can we watch Mr. Rogers?" Almost every prayer now he asks to watch that show. Every once in a while I let him just to grow his testimony of prayer. The boy is smart.

After spinning around, "Mom did you feel the dizziness that I made?"

Today during lunch: "It would be fun if us lived at the church and I was the Bishop." As he continued talking it was revealed that the reason why he thought it would be so fun is because of all the cool toys in Nursery that he doesn't get to play with anymore. I'm sure that is what the Bishop is doing...

This is what keeps me going as a mother...there are so many hard times and if I focus on that then my vision and my drive for motherhood isn't where it needs to be. So if anyone was wondering why I try to only post about the good in our life, this is why. Dwelling on the negative has never done anything good for me. So just know, we are far from perfect but we cherish the perfect moments we do have as a family.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a wise, wonderful lady, and we need to hang out more. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Everything about this and about your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete