Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Chet is Three!


No way my Chet boy can be three...time slow down! I was excited to do a little birthday interview with him. There was no way he was going to sit while we did it so he stayed busy playing with cars while we chatted.  

Mom: What is your favorite color?
Chet: Um, Um…dat color…(He pointed to something green)

Mom: What is your favorite food?
Chet: Duh Cunchy tings…veggies are my yummy foods. (fried snap peas)

Mom: What is your favorite animal?
Chet: A Polar Bear (A Polar Bear was mentioned in Preschool this morning and it must have stuck)

Mom: What is your favorite book?
Chet: The Wabbit book who have Bear in it. (The Hide-and-Scare Bear by Ivan Bates. Such a cute book! He also loves the book Chester which I think is pretty cute because he was named after Grandpa Chester) 

Mom: What is your favorite movie?
Chet: Curious George

Mom: What is your favorite song?
Chet: I am a Child of God (He asks me to sing this song to him every night and every once and a while I can get him to sing along with me.)

Mom: What is your favorite dessert?
Chet: Pie (I made a super tart blackberry pie a while ago, but other than that I can't think of the last time we had pie...guess it made an impression)

Mom: What do you like to do for fun?
Chet: Play with my Birday cars

Mom: What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
Chet: Do chalk and paint (Mariah had a date with Dad and Chet and I played outside with chalk paint)

Mom: What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?
Chet: Wide my tippy bike with dad on the yoad.

Mom: What is your favorite thing to do with Mariah?
Chet: Play outside and ride the bike and Mariah can ride my tippy bike.

Mom:
 What is your favorite thing to do with Austin?
Chet:
 If Austin’s playing with this car and him drops it then I give it back to him. 

Mom: Who is your best friend?
Chet: Cavin and Ta-a (Stella) (Our new friends here) 


Mom: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Chet: A Pirate. When I be a pirate I’ll say, “IIII’m a pirate….” (in an epic voice)

Chet can be the sweetest, funniest, happiest boy...when he wants to be. Once he gets his mind set on something there's no going back for him. He is so calm and mellow in public so I guess he has to get out his rage and tears somewhere and we try our hardest to go with the punches (just a figure of speech, he rarely hurts people, which is a tender mercy because the boy is big.)

Here's a few gems from Chet...

"My toots are talking." He just told me this one; yep he's a boy. 

While talking about how he slept: "I slept faster and faster and faster". I think he got that from the phrase "fast asleep". 

His imagination never stops. One time during lunch he pretended that one hand was a little bird and the other hand was a monster. The monster attacked the bird and after a struggle, the bird went limp on the table with a few little twitches. 

His forks and spoons are "forkie fork and spoonie spoon" and they go on epic adventures each mealtime. 
Here he is after a little tumble with a green smoothie. That smoothie was all over the dining room. 
Once after asking if he wanted to snuggle me, "I just want to suggle myself". 

He loves to play doctor and check my "heart beep". 

We went through a phase where any time he did something he felt was epic he would say, "Mom say, 'how can you do that?'" After I would ask he would respond, "I have strong muscles!". 

He has a super sniffer. Almost daily he will say, "I smell somefing" with a disgusted look on his face. He tries to get us all to check our pants to see if we have stinkies. Another thing he likes to say is "I smell Wiyah's face!". 

Chet had an accident at church a while ago and all Tanner could find were some of Mariah's leggings so Chet got to be a punk rocker for the rest of church. 
The other day we were talking about what we wanted to be and Chet said, "I want to be a daddy and make yemon mewangue pie!". We read Amelia Bedilia a lot, maybe thats why he says his favorite treat is pie...

We were talking about his Grandpa Young so I asked him, "what do you think Grandpa Young is doing?" Chet answered, "Diving the tactor and when he's done he's making yetters on the tows (branding)". 

He loves his cowboy boots and football jersey and tries to wear them anywhere and everywhere. 



He loves to talk about playing Basketball and every once in a while he will go down stairs and shoot hoops. He even has started to work on his dribbling...right now he's looking like I do when I dribble. Sorry Tanner. 

He is officially potty trained...for the most part. We started with never going in the potty for four straight days. That was a lot of accidents to clean up after. I finally decided it was best for my sanity to take a break and come back to it later. Within a couple days he decided to go in the potty and has done pretty well since. Which we are all very happy about. 
Yes, I took a picture. I was so dang excited. 
This photo was taken on day two of straight accidents. His confidence in himself never wavered though. 

He is crazy about his dad. Anytime he does an art project he brings it into our bedroom and puts it under Tanner's pillow so that he can see it when he gets home from work. 

We love our Chet boy and will take all his lows just to experience his wonderful highs. Here's to another year. We love you Chet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment