Sunday, August 28, 2016

Eight Months


  • Little boys in overalls...can't get any cuter. 
  • He has started saying "Mamama" and it's my favorite. 


  • He loves when people have something on their face. The other day when Mariah and Chet got their faces painted he cracked up every time they looked at him. It was so cute. 
  • Austin is looking more and more like his dad, which isn't a bad thing. 

  • I can keep him pretty entertained by a basket full or toys or laundry. He loves to pull everything out. 
  • He loves his brother and sister. I say it all the time but that boy is crazy about his siblings. First thing he does when I bring him out of his room in the morning or after his nap is look for Mariah and Chet. Mariah does such a good job of keeping him happy in the car and Chet shares his "Gwanket" (blanket) with him. 


  • He loves to laugh and we love making him laugh. The more tired he is, the more funny things are. 
  • Austin loves to get his nose sucked out with the aspirator. It's the weirdest thing. 
  • Though he isn't crawling yet or moving around much he still finds a way to get into things. One day I walked up to him with a mouthful of nuts. His brother left his snack a little too close to Austin who decided to help himself to it. 

Austin found one of Chet's works of art that was covered in blue marker...
  • Austin has started playing with my face while he is nursing. He especially loves my nose and is constantly trying to stick his fingers up my nostrils...not the best way to be jerked awake during a nighttime feeding. 
  • Austin is the peacemaker in this home. I know, he's only eight months but he has such an amazing spirit of peace about him. There are many times when I am so frustrated with Mariah or Chet, like shoot flames out of my eyes, and then I look at Austin and he seems to tell me, "Life's good mom, and I love you." Such a gift that has already blessed our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment