Friday, April 1, 2016

Spring! Spring! Spring!

If you read this title and immediately began singing it, you may be as big of a fan of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers as I am. And you are probably as excited for spring as we are. We have had a busy busy last couple weeks.

We went to the jump park and these kiddos had a blast. I'm kicking myself for not going more often during the long winter months. Also, this was the first accident Mariah has had and I conveniently happened to be nursing Austin. The look on Tanner's face when he came to tell me what had happened...priceless.

We got to have an Easter Egg hunt with some Med School buddies. It was wonderful to get to see friends that we haven't seen for almost two years. And Mariah and Chet loved their first hunt of the season.

 He sticks out his tongue to concentrate just like me. 
 Later that day Brittany and I went down to Provo for our cousin Allie's baby shower. It was wonderful spending time with family for a little while. We then met up with Tanner, Mariah, Chet and some friends to visit some farm animals.
 Seth wasn't digging the close proximity to the goose, can't say that I blame him. 

Mariah had her first ever dance recital and loved it. I was wondering how she would handle the pressure of being on the stage in front of a big crowd but she did great. I don't think stage fright kicks in until they get a little older.
 She did this pose all on her own. 

 A dance class of 3 and 4 year olds...their teacher is a saint. 

At the end of the recital, each student got to pick a member of their family to come up on the stage and dance with them. I think Chet was a little overwhelmed but after sitting through an hour and half of dances he was just happy to get up and moving. 

Our community had an Easter Egg hunt the Saturday before Easter. They divided the kids up into age groups so Tanner stayed with Chet and I was with Mariah. After Chet was done I thought I might have time to bring Austin to Tanner so I could help Mariah but as I was walking away they started the 3 and 4 year olds. When I finally found Mariah I saw her picking up an egg and shaking it by her ear. Since she didn't hear anything she threw it down on the ground and kept going. Little did she know that some eggs had papers with numbers on them coordinating with prize tables. She just figured they were duds. She didn't get nearly as many eggs as Chet because of it. As Tanner said, "The one time where her intelligence got the best of her." 

And look! An Easter bunny that doesn't look like it is going to eat the children. Chet even got close for a picture. And he wore his superman cape all day long. 
Here he is at Yalmart (walmart). You never know when a life may need to be saved. 

We got to bless Sweet Austin the next day. Tanner gave a beautiful blessing. We were able to have a lot of family here as well.
Seriously...this boy slays me. 
Love these two. 
The best family photo we could get. I'm going to miss the view out our front door. 

I can't think of a better way to spend Easter than with family. Tanner's brother Ty took the kids on an Easter scavenger hunt where he talked a lot about the different events and symbolism around Easter. I am so grateful that because of my Savior I can be with my family forever. What a blessing it is to know that my Redeemer lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment