Friday, November 14, 2014

Always Changing

Our dear Chet is almost 14 months! He isn't my little baby anymore and I'm kind of sad about that.

He's got the walking thing down now. He stays pretty busy; it is rare for him to sit down for much longer than a couple minutes. The poor kid has a pretty big noggin so it takes a lot of hits. But it doesn't seem to slow him down.

He is talking more and more. He now says "got got" (hot hot), "ickle" (tickle), "foo" (food), "na, na, na" (no no no), "a ga" (all done/gone), "yeergo" (here you go) "yiya" (Mariah) and bye. He also signs please and every once in a while he will sign thank you. I think he is going to be a quick talker like his sister.

He loves to give out big wet kisses and I love to receive them. He thinks he likes books, but he can only sit on my lap for two or three pages and then he has to go get another book. He is a big big fan of balls, thats another fairly new word, "ba!"

And Mariah...she is two going on sixteen. The other day Tanner was teasing me and I hit him with a shirt. Big mistake. Mariah then lectured me for a good fifteen minutes. "We don't hit! Mommy, you're in trouble. Do you need to go in a time-out? Thats not nice. That makes daddy sad." And then she would walk over to Tanner, "Are you ok daddy? Let me kiss it better." And then she would start back in on me again. My wish came true, I have an official assistant mommy.

Tonight she asked me to read her a book and I said just a second. She then said to me in her best mom voice, "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" If you couldn't tell, we use that phrase quite often in this household.

For FHE this week we made a thankful turkey. Each night we write something we're thankful for on a feather to put on our turkey. So far Mariah has said she was thankful for Jesus and temples without us prompting her at all. It was pretty impressive.

We have a little girl living next door. She is eight and Mariah adores her. She was on the sidewalk tonight and Mariah kept banging on the window and saying "Booklyn! (Brooklyn) Come inside! Come play with me!". So Brooklyn did, and it made Mariah very happy.

And some days she reminds me that she actually is just two years old. Thankfully that was washable marker. 

I just wish those two would slow down just a little! They make me the happiest I ever could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment