Wednesday, August 20, 2014

11 Months!

This last month has been full of so much growth and change for Chet! Here are a few things that he has learned:

  • He can crawl! Woohoo! One day he had figured out how to sit up on his own and he was crawling by the next day. 
  • It was only a few days later that he started pulling himself up. He loves to stand and has now decided that anytime Tanner or I are around we should be able to walk him all around the house. And boy does he squall when we refuse him. 
  • He loves to play peek-a-boo, so much so that his first word was Boo! (Besides the long, drawn-out, whiny "moooom" and the occasional excited "dad"!)
  • Tongue clicking and raspberry blowing are a favorite pastime. Mariah and he love to alternate between the two while in their car seats. Mariah will start out with a raspberry and when Chet begins she is quick to tell him, "no spitting Chet". That girl creates situations where she can be bossy. 
  •  He loves music. Whenever a song comes on he bobs up and down with the biggest smile on his face. 
  • He gets a big kick out of being chased. Thats when I can get the best giggles out of him. Mariah will run around the house and say "Chase me Chet!" He gets so excited. I'm happy that they are starting to play together. 
  • The boy loves his baths. When I bring him into the bathroom he tries to wriggle himself out of my arms. 
  • He loves wrestling with his dad. Not so much with his sister though. 
  • Still a great eater. The other day I left some tomatoes where he could reach them from his chair. By the time I caught him he had already eaten half of one. 
"Comforting" his sister. Nothing like a good poke in the eye to make you forget about all of your troubles. 


This picture makes my heart so so happy. 


Another buzz this month. His hair is uncontrollable. I can't seem to keep it from sticking up so I guess he'll just have to have the buzz cut. 

Chet is such a joy and I can't believe he will be a year in a month! 
He loves me...I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment