Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Bandaid

When Mariah went for her 9 month check-up she had to have a finger pricked. Considering the way she has reacted to all of her shots I was prepared for the worst. So I was shocked when she didn't cry at all. Even when the technician had to squeeze her finger to collect a little vial of blood. She just seemed fascinated by it all. Maybe she will be following in her daddy's footsteps.

Her favorite part of the whole appointment was the bandaid. I know older kids tend to get excited about them but I didn't expect much from Mariah. Right after it was put on, that finger went straight to her mouth and stayed there for the rest of the day.

Here she is, showing off her prize
Needless to say I was disgusted. But the tech said it could start bleeding again even hours after and I wasn't too keen on getting blood everywhere. I finally couldn't take it anymore at bath-time so while she was distracted with something else I took it off. It was great to see her look at her finger and then do a double take when she realized something was missing. Luckily she got over the loss pretty quickly. Thank goodness babies are easily distracted or I would be in serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment