Thursday, February 7, 2013

10 Months!!

Mom: Here we are again with another interview!!

Mariah: Boy am I excited!

Mom: You are just growing and learning so much! What are some things that you have learned this month?

Mariah: Well I love to clap! I do it whenever I get the chance. When you start to sing, "If you're happy and you know it...", if you or daddy say "yay!", if anyone else claps, I start clapping my little heart out. We were watching AFV today and when the audience started clapping I knew just what to do! You thought it was pretty cute.

Mom: It sure was! What else have you learned?

Mariah: I've been practicing my wave. I especially like to work on it in my high chair. I haven't quite figured out what the purpose of this hand waving thing is, but if I do it when daddy comes home or leaves, you guys seem to get pretty excited. I know to throw my hands up in the air when you sing, "How big is Mariah?" I also like to "sing" when you sing.

Mom: It just melts my heart. You still get pretty excited when daddy comes home don't you?

Mariah: I sure do! The other night when he walked in I shrieked, "dadda!". It kind of shocked me to see how excited you guys got. I really don't know what the big deal is. If you're holding me when daddy arrives I immediately stretch my arms out to him and don't want to go back to you, I hope you don't mind. I just miss him so much during the day. If he leaves the room I usually cry, even if you're right there with me. He's my favorite.

Mom: He's my favorite too. What are some things that really fascinate you?

Mariah: I love teeth! Maybe because I don't have any of my own. I'm always trying to touch you and daddy's teeth. I also like to pull on your lips. I love my socks and pull them off any chance I can get. I also love chaos. If there are a bunch of little kids running around and screaming, I'm in heaven!

Mom: You were meant to be the youngest in a family, poor thing. What are some of your favorite things to do?

Mariah: I love bathtime. Grandma Young got me some rubber duckies for Christmas and they are so fun to play with. I've also learned how to "wash" my hair.


Mom: Here are some bath pictures, sorry Mariah, I just had to do a little bum shot. What else do you love to do?

Mariah: I still love holding on to people's hands and walking around. I'm not ashamed to wriggle off anyone's lap and demand to be walked around the room. I also love to talk! It almost sounds like I'm carrying on a conversation now.

Mom: It sure is fun to hear you babbling away. How are you sleeping now?

Mariah: Well after a couple weeks of lots of crying, I'm finally sleeping from 7pm to 4am. I'm a really good napper too and almost always wake up happy and excited to see you.


Mom: One of my most favorite times is getting you out of your crib. What are some of your favorite things to eat?

Mariah: I love all kinds of soups! I love vanilla yogurt, green beans, mac and cheese, PB&J sandwiches, I have all kinds of favorites. I also love to rub whatever I am eating through my hair. It just gives it such a nice texture and look to it. Plus it usually guarantees a bath!


Mom: You're a thinker. I just can't believe how big you are getting! I love you more and more each day!

Mariah: Love you too mom.

2 comments: