Saturday, February 3, 2024

Six Months!

This boy...is just so delightful. He is a happy baby who wants to be a part of the action. 
He started sticking his tongue out at the beginning of the month which made us all laugh. He loves to laugh and his siblings try their hardest to be the one to make it happen. He always thinks it's funny when Eliza or Vivi are crying. 
And he still isn't a great sleeper, but after we treated him for an ear infection, he has started to take some good naps again, which helps so much. I usually spend my nights in our guest bedroom with him because he sleeps best when I am with him. I went without dairy for two weeks and he still didn't sleep well, so I decided I might as well have cheese and ice cream again. 
I'm usually only able to get him to nap in his carseat...
And this is how we found him after a nap. He was happy though. And yes...I know that it isn't recommended to have your baby sleep in a carseat or in your bed with you...but sleep is definitely recommended and this seems to be the only way we are getting sleep. We've just started buckling him in his seat now.

I am Asa's favorite, with Tanner a close second. He gets so excited when he sees either of us. He loves me so much that he sometimes bites me...so sweet. He's started saying mamama, dadada and blowing raspberries. 

He keeps his siblings entertained. At one point I thought maybe he wasn't sleeping well because he wasn't getting enough stimulation during the day...but that thought didn't last long. His siblings are almost always in his face or doing something with him. The boy probably needs less stimulation. 
He is starting to grab onto things; his favorite thing to grab onto is his sisters' hair. 

He hasn't rolled again, I think he dislikes being on his stomach so much that he doesn't want to roll over. But he does scoot around by pushing his feet on the floor and arching his back. 
He's getting more hair which is fun to play with. I was trying to get rid of his cradle cap and the vaseline in his hair made it easy to stick it up. 
I'm pretty sure his top two teeth are coming in. Which probably explains the extra clinginess at night. He'll start sleeping better...eventually. That has been my mantra for the past six months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment