Tuesday, December 3, 2019

18 Months

This girl...she makes me wish I would have enjoyed my other three more when they were this little. I'm starting to get why my parents treated my younger siblings a little differently than they did us older kids. You start to realize that some things matter more while others matter less. 

 She loves her baths...until she doesn't and then she is real unhappy until she is dressed. 

 She loves "ousside" and anytime anyone else heads out she frantically runs for her shoes. Ever since we moved here she has enjoyed walking down to the mailbox with me. 
 "Beebies" are her favorite
 Anything her siblings do, she wants to do...

 It doesn't matter how much she ate at dinner; if dad comes home late, she will be mooching off of him. 

 Eliza is becoming more aware of emotions. When Austin cries she says, "Austie, saaaad". With the cutest concerned face. The other night she brought a towel over to wipe his tears away. She also says "happy!" with the biggest grin on her face. 

 These two are interacting more and more with each other. 

 "Miya" comes up with all kinds of fun things to do with Eliza. 
And Chet is great with her too. He even will sit with her and read her stories. But after looking through recent pictures I can't find any pictures of the two of them together.

 The other day Eliza came to me saying she wanted to go potty. I kept trying to distract her but she would not give in. So I let her sit up there for a while and finally had to make her get down even though she didn't want to. This morning she insisted again and right after putting her on the toilet she went potty! I think it was just coincidence but it was pretty exciting/terrifying, no way do I want to be potty training an 18 month old. 

She loves books and asks everyone in the house to read to her. We have to keep an eye out because she comes in pretty fast with those big books, right for our heads. 

Eliza likes to play with her siblings but she is happiest when she is with her mom or dad. And she always wants "foo!". Which she asks for so desperately you would think she is never fed. But if she doesn't want whatever it is I hand her she will push it as far away from her as she can with a lot of attitude to go with it. 

She still nurses at night because I just can't give up that special cuddling time with her. Whenever I turn the light off she says, "dahk, dahk!" in an excited voice. It's adorable. 

We just love this girl and we all acknowledge that she is the boss because she's too precious to say no to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment