Sunday, January 1, 2017

Birthday Birthday!

I'm not ready for Austin to be one. This has been such a wonderful year with that angelic boy.

  • He was such a champ on the flights to and from Vegas. On the way home we didn't have any layovers so I was a little nervous but he was pretty content. Maybe he was just happy to have my undivided attention for four hours. Poor third child. 




  • He really loves his mom and dad. When one of us is holding him and the other walks up he always wants to go to the other parent. And then he looks over and realizes he's just abandoned his other most favorite person. 

  • He's a biter. Poor Mariah and Chet have learned to tuck their toes in when Austin comes crawling up because he really likes to give them a good bite. One of my most used phrases with him is "No biting!".  
  • He hasn't said any words yet but he has his own methods for communicating. If I'm not doing what he wants he'll pat my back and if that doesn't get a response he'll give a good smack to the face. 
  • He likes to clap especially when it gets a reaction out of his biggest fans. 

  • His new trick is spitting out things that he is drinking. I have to monitor his sippy cup usage because he gets soaked pretty quick. 
  • We still haven't slept through the night yet, but we've gotten close so I hope thats coming in the near future. 
We had a little Birthday celebration in Pittsburgh.

Austin is my first to actually go to town on the cupcake. He loved it.



I am so grateful for the wonderful first year we have enjoyed with Austin and can't wait to spend many more with this precious boy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment