Sunday, November 6, 2016

Trick or Treat!

Anyone who knows me understands my lack of enthusiasm when it comes to Halloween costumes. I just really have a hard time investing too much time/money in something that is only worn a couple times. So the boys had coon skin caps already (thanks G&G Young) and I figured what could go better with a couple hunters than a deer? And there you have it...


If you were wondering, that is the best photo we could get of the three of them. Our littlest hunter just wasn't in the mood for a photo shoot and since I was helping with the Halloween party I didn't have the time to insist on quality. And yes, we gave Cuties instead of candy. But they did have Jack O'lanterns drawn on them. One kid said to Tanner, "This is more like a trick than a treat." Ha! I appreciated his honesty. Mariah and Chet loved the trunk or treat. Chet kept calling it the "elephant trunk party". Tanner and I enjoyed sampling all the different chili and Austin enjoyed trying to dump bowls of chili in our laps; it kept things exciting. Which is how we like it. 
 Austin's impish grin as he strains to pull his hand out and rip his hat off...And Tanner's face basically embodies parenthood. Happy but bewildered... 
 This boy and his faces. I mean really...just melt my heart. Right before Halloween he started thinking he wanted to be Superman. But because that would require more work from me we just had him watch Davy Crockett and he was back on board with the original costume. 
What really sold Mariah on the deer costume (because what little girl really wants to be a deer for Halloween?) was when I told her she could get her face painted. And those antlers were the easiest thing, obviously, because I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't simple. This is probably the last year where I can pick out my kids costumes...I don't know how I feel about that. 

We went trick or treating around our neighborhood Monday night. Mariah was so excited, running ahead to houses. I was afraid I was going to lose her among the other trick or treaters. Chet stuck close to me and kept quiet unless we were the only ones at a door, then he would say, "I I I'm Davy Cockett." And the people at the door would just love it. 


Even if this isn't my favorite holiday it was really enjoyable watching my children have fun. 

1 comment:

  1. I've decided that I don't mind buying/investing in costumes anymore because my kids love to play dress up and it adds to their collection. And I love how they use their imaginations when they play dress up.

    ReplyDelete