Sunday, October 26, 2014

What Keeps Me Smiling

Earlier today I was whining to Tanner about how I felt like Cinderella: "do the dishes, change my diaper, and the laundry, and the cookin". He then told me, knowing what I would say, that I could go out and get a job if I wanted. I replied: "but someone else would get to spend all day with my babies." I am so grateful that I have a husband who supports me in staying home. I get to be there each day as they learn and grow.

Mariah and I have been playing a lot of hide and seek lately. But she hasn't quite grasped the concept. When I start looking for her she shouts, "here I am mommy!" And the majority of the time she is in the exact same place (the closet, though that is an improvement from her old hiding place: sitting in the middle of the room). When she has to look for me she shouts, "Mommy where are you?" expecting me to reveal where I am. But it's still a good time full of laughter so I'm not going to complain.

She loves to be my personal chef as well. Baking me "a slice of toast with cupcakes and chocolate!" all day long. And I have to eat them every time. She especially likes it when I really get into character and lick my fingers and smack my lips real good. We are all about manners around here...and chocolate.

If she is considering doing something she isn't supposed to be doing and I'm around she will say "go away mommy." I'm sure she can't figure out why she never gets away with anything.

The other day she told me "leab (leave) me alone, I'm taking a test." Guess that happens when your dad is in school.

A couple weeks ago she was telling Tanner and I all about her muscles.
Mariah: (pointing to her leg) I have muscles!
Tanner: Who's muscles are bigger, mommy or daddy's?
Mariah: It's Mariah's! (holding up shirt) Better not touch, just look.
We had a good laugh with that one.

Mariah now has the first and second Article of Faith down! To those who may not know, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has a document of revelation known as the 13 Articles of Faith that Joseph Smith (the first Latter-Day prophet) received. They are 13 beliefs that are a big part of our religion. If you're curious about what we believe, these are a good place to start.
Here's a little documentation of Mariah reciting the second Article of Faith:


Toddlers really are a lot smarter than we often give them credit for. 

And big news for the Chet-man:
Yeah, things just got a lot more exciting around here! 

So in reality, I will do the cooking and cleaning and laundry, not because I like it, but because I would miss the time I get with my babies every day. I love being a mother!


1 comment: