Sunday, July 28, 2013

Our Big Girl

Mariah will be sixteen months next week...holy moley our little girl is growing up! Some big things have happened to her this last month.

The biggest of all, she is walking. Woohoo! Glory glory hallelujah! She started at the beginning of this month and took off like a blaze of glory. All that finger holding finally paid off. And now our backs can take a break.


She loves to wander around the house, chatting up a storm. She dances, spins in circles, and tries to run away from me. Oh dear. Luckily she isn't too fast yet so this pregnant mom can still run her down. She thinks it's hilarious. I'm sure it does look pretty amusing, my running. Now that she can walk she wants to follow the big kids around. She's trying to grow up too fast.

Talking has come with the walking and we're pretty excited about it. She knows how to say hi, hello, mom, dad, baby, uh-oh, ow, bubble, eye...yeah she's pretty much speaking in full sentences.

She still loves books and will bring them up to me so I can read them to her. I'm so happy our little girl is a book lover. I hope it sticks.


She also has a big girl car seat! Which she will use once I work up the motivation to go and install it. For now it makes a great easy chair to read books in.

Mariah has even decided the pool is a pretty cool place. She used to cry every time we got in a pool but maybe because it gets blazing hot here in the midwest she has decided it isn't such a bad idea.


Or it could be her super awesome sunglasses. Surprisingly she keeps them on. And yes, Tanner does have a goatee in this photo. Though I think he is handsome with facial hair, I'm quite partial to the smooth faced Tanner. He had his fun and then was nice enough to shave it off.

Mariah is getting such a cute personality. She loves to laugh and has the best giggle ever. Whenever I laugh she laughs, because she wants to be just like me. The last few days she has decided she wants to try to feed herself. She isn't very good with a spoon and fork but she really likes practicing.

We sure do love this little lady and can't wait to see how she will keep growing and learning new things!

1 comment:

  1. Those sunglasses are super cute! She looks like a movie star, that's for sure. :)I wondered about the goatee thing... I like the smooth-faced Tanner best too. And finally - Hooray for Mariah's walking!! Good luck keeping up!

    ReplyDelete