Friday, May 17, 2013

Not Just Getting Fat...

Mariah had the honor of making the big announcement on this here blog but I decided I should get to make this one. I might have let Tanner but since his nose is glued to his ipad studying for his last test and finals I thought he would be ok with me doing it.

We are having a BOY! Woohoo! I really tried to think of some cute way to announce it. But let's be honest, most of you knew already what we were having so my natural lazy instincts kicked in. Yes, I am a bum. And I become even more of a bum when I am pregnant.

I did do something cute to announce Mariah, but it wasn't even my idea. Tanner is the creative one around here. I've seen it on Pinterest a lot now, but I know he couldn't have seen it there. He has ESPN to fill his down time; no need for Pinterest. So I'll just show you that!


I'm about that size now, so just imagine a blue bow and we're good! Truthfully, I'm bigger this go-around. I really had to shove my belly out in this picture so that I would look pregnant. Sorry though, no pictures. I'm really not a fan of pictures when I'm pregnant. I took enough with Mariah, I'm done with that.

This pregnancy has been the same as my first so far. Easy-peasy. And no, I'm not just being tough. I'm actually a pretty whiny person. Maybe thats why I have easy pregnancies. Otherwise no one would ever want to be around me. Tanner probably would have said one was enough; I would lose all my friends; doctors would refuse to treat me...you get the point.

We are so excited to be having this baby. It makes it seem more real for me once I know the gender. I love to pat my belly and talk to my "little man". I'm in love with him already! And if anyone is wondering, Tanner is giddy about having a boy. "Someone to carry on the name..." Guys say thats why they want a boy, but I think they just want someone they can wrestle with.


To be honest though, after spending a year with this "sweet thang", I think he would have been just as excited to have a girl.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you! Can't wait to see the mass of hair on your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So totally with you on the whole no pictures when pregnant thing. I don't need photo documentation to prove I was pregnant once...that's what children are for! But by the way, I think you're a gorgeous pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. I wish we were here to actually see him but I'll just have to stalk you on here. I love reading your witty posts. You guys are an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! You should stick with the "M" names. I think "Mowgli Crossley" sounds both darling and manly at the same time. Just sleep on it, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, congratulations! Maybe we'll see you for the wedding this month! Love you.

    ReplyDelete