Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Little Christmas Cheer

There's snow in Kirksville! Everyone kept telling me that it snowed a lot here but I didn't believe them. I'm used to snow by Halloween after living in the mountains of Nevada and the polar ice-cap known as Rexburg, Idaho. But it has finally snowed, and it's a good amount and still going strong. Sorry Kirksville, I believe you now.

Pictures, just in case there are other doubters out there.
Mariah and I are going to camp out at home today. No use trying to brave the blizzard with an 8 month old; at least thats my excuse. I may even stay in my pajamas all day. Not that I need an excuse like a blizzard to do that...

This last weekend we made a quick trip to Salt Lake City for my little sister Brittany's wedding. It was exhausting, and way too short. But I'm so glad we went. The sealing was wonderful, Brittany was beautiful, Mike was dashing and I'm just so happy for them! I love my family.

Mariah got some early Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandpa Young. Perfect timing with this winter storm.


I would never have the confidence to wear animal print and frankly I wouldn't be caught dead in a fluffy, pink jacket bedazzled with sequins (sorry mom). But that is why you have baby girls people! Baby girls rock all those clothes you could not or would not ever wear. It's just wonderful. As you can see from the pictures the hoods really stress her out. And yes, I do make my bed occasionally. It just never seems to be made for pictures. I know, very odd.

Tanner and I have been using a website for our scripture study. It is the 25daysofChrist.com. Tanner's mom suggested it and it has been wonderful. Each night we study a story of the Savior and there is usually a video to go along with it. It has helped me to focus on what Christmas is really all about and I'm grateful for that. So in that spirit, here is a wonderful video. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment