Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Our Chet Man

Chet is growing like a weed and maturing right along with that growth. We were excited to celebrate all the change he has experienced in the past year. 

1. What do you like most about yourself? 
I try to do my best in sports and be fair. 
2. What do you think your future job will be? 
Is it hope or think? I'm not sure exactly about jobs but I want to have a job where I can be home a lot and also get good money. (Don't we all...I'm thinking he might need to marry an heiress) 
3. What do you love to eat? 
Food. If you want me to be more specific, Costco Pizza, that's what sounds so good right now. And white sauce noodles, spaghetti is going down on my list because I've had it a lot lately. 
4. How do you like to spend your time? 
Reading and playing sports. 
5. What are you good at? 
I feel like I'm good at sports and maybe being a friend. 
6. Who are your best friends and why do you like each other? 
My family because of all they do for me, and because they're my family. 
7. Who is someone you look up to? 
My cousin Hiram, he is so kind to his siblings and tries to be his best. And my dad because of the same reasons and because he's a hard worker. 
8. What makes you sad? 
People being punks and school. (While school is not his favorite, he is so diligent in getting it done each day, even if his attitude isn't the best. 
9. What is your favorite outfit to wear? 
Comfy pants/shorts and a comfy shirt. 
10. What makes you really annoyed? 
When I feel like I'm doing a lot more work than everyone. 
11. What makes you feel proud? 
When I do a job really good. 
12. What makes you happy? 
Sports and when someone tells me I did a good job. 
I never see him happier then when he has caught a fish or some other critter. 
13. Which of your nicknames do you like the most? 
Cheddars is the only one I have. After asking if he liked it he said, "sure".  
14. What's the best thing that's happened to you lately? 
Soccer and I'm excited for hockey in the shop to start soon. 
15. What do you do when you feel sad? 
I go in my room and I like doing origami and making stuff to calm me down. 
Chet loves having Josie in his bed with him. She isn't always a fan and it's pretty entertaining to watch her avoid him at bedtime. 
16. What's your favorite thing to do with mom? 
I like to talk with you. 
Chet is a talker. I now understand what my mom felt when I was a child, bless her. 
17. What's your favorite thing to do with dad? 
I like to work with him. 
18. What's your favorite thing to do with Mariah? 
I like to play sports and I like it when she reads to me.  
19. What's your favorite thing to do with Austin? 
Sports and making things with him. 
These boys are best buds. Chet keeps them busy all day long and Austin is happy to go along with whatever Chet has planned, for the most part. 

20. What's your favorite thing to do with Eliza? 
Jump on the tramp with her. 

21. What's your favorite thing to do with Vivi? 
Listen to her laugh. (It is so fun to have older kids that can find the humor in the things their younger siblings say.)
They were being "Lamanites" in a war movie.  
22. What's your favorite thing to do with Asa? 
Throw the ball with him and listen to him laugh too. 
23. What do you want to be when you grow up? 
I want to be a dad and I also think it would be fun to do engineering, not for a full on job, but just for fun. 

I feel like it's about every other month that he informs me he has outgrown his shoes...

Chet is getting quite the sense of humor and it's fun to laugh with him at all the funny things he says/does. 

"Austin will get my handy downs (he meant hand me downs, but has always thought that was how you said it, his way is a lot more fun to say.)"

Eliza: I think everyone has friends, even bugs.
Me: yeah? They have good buddies?
Chet: You mean good buggies 

Chet is so good at seeing needs and filling them. The other day he and Austin wanted to earn some money so I told them they could clean under the deck. I came home to the garage cleaned out too. Chet said I didn't have to pay them for that, he just saw that it needed to be done. If there's ever a dead branch that needs to be cut down Chet is on it. 

He is so good at helping me with dinner or with watching his siblings while I drive Mariah to choir or volleyball practice. 

Chet is so consistent, he wakes up each morning and reads his scriptures and then practices his piano. He is good at remembering whose turn it is to feed the chickens and what chore each of them are supposed to do. At times he gets overwhelmed with everyone relying on him to know who does what...I know his pain, that mental load can get heavy. 
Chet still loves riding horses and sports make him so happy (if you couldn't tell from the interview). 

It has been so fun to see Chet grow into the fun, hardworking, dedicated, nurturing boy that he is. Can't wait to see the change he'll make this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment